Is your mother on facebook? Mine is, and I love it. I get to share photos with her and read her updates. My point here is that normal people are living on-line. Normal people are willing to consider online activities that never would have thought of before, it means they look at online education and think, “Yes I would do that.”
I have five on-line course, two can be found in this menu, but for Evolutionary intuition please go to http://www.evolutionaryintuition.com
I love on-line courses as I can interact with the students, in a more personal way then I do on social media or in the class room.
Of course it’s the quality of education that counts and if online education didn’t work as well as face-to-face learning, I wouldn’t bother with it. But it appears to actually work better.
In a 2009 report based on 50 independent studies, the U.S. Department of Education found that students who studied in online learning environments performed modestly better than peers who were receiving face-to-face instruction. ~ Mashable
There are multiple ways in which people learn. On-line courses allow the student to have access to me as a teacher and there are many different ways they can process information and express what they have learnt. Including:
- Community forums
It is my intention to create courses that has deep meaning to the student. What gives education purpose is what that knowledge means to the student’s life. My intention is to integrate education into the student’s current life, rather than have a course run as a separate entity to life. In order to do this I strive to integrate all aspects of the student into the learning: mind, body, emotions and spirit.
On-line multimedia allows integral learning to take place. It gives plenty of opportunity to not only absorb the theories in the material, but to discuss it meaningfully and put it into practice.
Students can replay “lectures” if they need to. They can interact with other students online in ways that far surpass traditional classroom discussion.
Even something as simple as being able to “attend your learning time” when you’re at your most refreshed can make a huge difference.
- Work in your own time during each week. No set ‘work together times.’ So international time zones are not a problem.
- The course work can be completed within one hour a week. However it is up to you how much time you have to invest. Content is rich enough for a deeper time investment.
- Your tutor feeds back on EVERY task you post.
- A community feel with other students also available to offer opinion, ideas and positive challenges.
- Help desk response within 24 hours
- The course is very user friendly. Including: Writing, recordings, e-book and films. Tasks include: Writing, drawing, meditation to music, brain storming and reflecting.